Understanding the best internet plan for your business is vital. Factors such as the company's size, location, data transfer needs, and specific business activities play a crucial role. This article provides in-depth insights to help make an informed decision.
Choosing an Internet Connection
When choosing a high-speed internet plan for your business, it's essential to evaluate your usage requirements. Think about the activities your employees do every day, and how many devices need to be connected.
For a better understanding of the internet speeds your business needs to support daily tasks, here is a breakdown:
- 1-40Mbps - suitable for checking email, searching on Google, work chats, streaming music, streaming video on one device, Zoom or Skype video conferences on one device, downloading small files.
- 40-100Mbps - suitable for HD or 4K video streaming on multiple devices, Zoom or Skype video conferences on multiple devices, downloading large files.
- 100-500Mbps - suitable for UHD video streaming on multiple screens, fast downloading of large files, high-speed internet access for up to 5 people simultaneously.
- 500-1000+Mbps - suitable for conducting video conferences or live streams for large groups, fast downloading of large files, high-speed internet access for multiple devices simultaneously.
Consider these speed recommendations when selecting the best internet plan for your business.
For example, a high-demand architecture firm relies heavily on cloud-based tools, large file transfers, and real-time client video conferencing. Upgrading to higher internet speeds, like 500Mbps or more, greatly enhances productivity and client satisfaction. This enables faster file transfers, smoother video conferences, and seamless real-time collaboration, ultimately leading to polished client presentations.
Another important criterion is the business's location. For example, companies located in residential buildings can utilise existing infrastructure, while large enterprises may need to build separate lines for internet connectivity.
Internet for Business in Residential Buildings
For businesses located in residential buildings, the best option is to choose broadband connectivity 100Mbps or 250Mbps business plans. It provides fixed optical internet with stable connection quality, data transfer speeds of up to 250Mbps, and does not require additional expensive equipment. This type of internet connection is ideal for the daily operations of small and medium-sized businesses.
Note that while residential plans are available, they typically come with residential-level support, which might not meet all business needs.
Corporate Internet for Offices: Alternative Internet to nbn
If a company is renting a new office space, one of the first questions entrepreneurs ask is how to connect the internet to the office. The most popular and effective method is to contact an internet service provider who will install fibre optic cables in the office.
Corporate fixed internet for the office provides:
- Uninterrupted business operations
- Flexibility to select data transmission speeds, with options up to 10Gbps
- No restrictions on traffic volume for transmitted and received information
- At least one static IP address
This kind of corporate internet is particularly fitting for medium and large enterprises, like banks, manufacturing firms, or IT businesses. Due to its stable connection, it guarantees smooth functioning of critical operations such as websites, trading or banking servers, e-commerce platforms, and others.
To connect an organisation, you will need to purchase or lease additional telecommunications equipment, such as switches or routers.
When selecting an internet connection for your business, it's essential to thoughtfully evaluate your requirements, taking into account factors such as the size of your business, its location, daily data transfer volumes, and specific tasks. Whether you're considering 1000Mbps internet, exploring alternatives to the nbn, it's crucial to make a well-informed decision to ensure your business maintains a reliable and high-speed internet connection.
Contact GigaComm for assistance in setting up your business internet connection.